Sunday, January 2, 2011

Interview - Jemma

Another interview here and this time it's from Jemma! :)



Describe yourself briefly, who are you?

I would be Jemma, (or JemJem or Jemsie or Amidge or LittleMiss (enterrandomvarianthere).  I love to read and game, so when I'm not working at my local pet store i've either got my head in a book or a controller in my hand (or a laptop in the case of my occasional Warcraft craving) I'm also a big fan of pretty much anything on Syfy at the moment as well <3

What's your idea of a perfect day?

I would be woken up by Vic Mignogna bringing me pop tarts *sigh*
I'd get in some super early morning bioshock2 online with the Xbox friendlings, probably wake the boyfriend up while screaming at the guy who just hit me in the back of the head with a wrench. To make up for waking him up he'd then challenge me to a game of Magic the gathering. which i would win of course.
I'd log on to world of Warcraft where I'd finally hit level 85 and get invited to the IceCrownCitadel raid, we'd kill the Lich King and I'd pass out with happiness.
I'd watch catch up on some a town called eureka and warehouse 13 with the mother and then I'd make everyone watch a few episodes of some vintage V the mini series, at which point i would rave about how much i love Michael Ironside every couple of minutes. I'd also make a few inappropriate comments about how attractive i find Diana.
I'd meet up with my girlies and we'd grab a Chinese and go ice skating or see a film, Vixy would drive us home and I'd scream about her terrifying driving.
Its probably getting late now so I'd settle into my Pj's, chuck my glasses on and dive into a good book, probably something by the amazing Maria V Snyder (http://www.mariavsnyder.com) again, with a plate of shortbread close at hand and maybe a glass of milk. The cat would probably be asleep on my lap (instead of trying to scale my shoulder to get to my glass of milk) and my black lab would be snoring away on my bedroom floor. I'd fall asleep and dream of Vic Mignogna bringing me shortbread.

Do you consider yourself a geek/fanboy/fangirl and why?

I would defiantly consider myself a geek. I love practically everything sci fi, I'm into my anime and manga as well as quite a bit of fantasy and the super hero genre. I would never have called myself a fangirl but cried hysterically after meeting Kyle Herbert (http://www.kylehebert.com/) and the thought of meeting Vic Mignogna makes me feel like i may explode into masses of glitter without warning so my boyfriend especially is often calling me a fangirl.






What is your most common dream/nightmare?

My most common dream will sadly involve a book shop in some way, recently i dreamed of opening a book store with a mini bakery called fat princess....
My most common nightmare involves Gremlins taking over my house.....(do you here what i hear?) *shudder*



What are your 3 most prized possessions?


That's a tough one.
I'd say probably my signed Tom Baker photo or my Naruto dvd signed by Kyle Herbert
My book collection (including my signed copy of Scott Pilgrims finest hour and my signed copy of Spy Glass)
annnd
my trading card collections



If you were able to choose one superpower what would it be and why?


Oh god.
erm.
To be able to change into any animal i think.



Name your top 3 of all time of the following and why?: 


Superheroes 
Rogue, Jubilee and The Phoenix

Movies
The princess bride, Tomb raider annnnd Jirachi the Wishmaker (Pokemon <3)
Kids cartoons 
Pokemon, Sailor moon and Cardcaptor Sakura

TV series'
A town called Eureka, Warehouse 13 and either the original series of V or Stargate SG-1


Who's the most famous person you've ever met and how did you meet them and/or who was your favourite?


I'd say the warehouse 13 and Eureka crew, not only are they my favourite TV programmes but they're all fantastic, funny and down to earth!






What toy/collectable would you love to see made that has never been done before and why?


The little sisters Adam Gun from Bioshock


What's your favourite video game of all time on any console or on any arcade machine and why?


I adore Bioshock. I'm not fantastic at shoot em ups but i loved the twist on this and the fact i set people on fire then hit them with a wrench.


Finally - If you've been to Red Sun Comics & Collectables what would you change or add that isn't there already?



I'd probably add a novel section due to my love of books. I'd also love to see something like maybe a discussion group or something, maybe every couple of weeks where people could come to geek out as i don't really know many people interested in the same things as me.