Tuesday, March 2, 2010

DC & Warner Bros 'The Flash' Movie Finally Going Ahead?


Barry Allen, aka The Flash, may be heading to the silver screen in the not too distant future if recent news is to believed.

It seems Hollywood's initial knee-jerk reaction of pulling future movies like Wonder Woman, The Justice League and The Flash may have been a little pre-emptive and now that Batman Begins and Dark Knight have been huge successes the Warner Bros bosses are getting their superhero faith back.

Greg Berlanti, who recently wrote, produced and almost directed the new Green Lantern movie is the top contender to direct The Flash. From what I've read about him he's a worthy choice for the Crimson Speedster film and another DC superhero movie is most certainly A-OK with me!

I know I used to watch the Flash t.v. series and I had the movie on VHS years ago, but I can't remember it at all. I do know however that I loved the Wally West version in the cartoon series and that bringing The Flash to the big screen in a world where the tech is more than capable of pulling off some amazing speed effects will be a very good thing. Let's hope this doesn't get re-shelved before it gets the final green light!

The only question will then be: If Ryan Reynolds is now Green Lantern, who the hell should play The Flash?