Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lego Han Solo In Carbonite Rocks!


OH. MY. GOD...

This is possibly my favourite giant Lego creation ever. A life-size Lego Han Solo in Carbonite made by Nathan Sawaya.

This is from Nathan:

"Wanting do a Star Wars model, and also wanting to do something never been done before (to my knowledge), I decided to make Han Solo frozen in Carbonite. Life size. It took about 10,000 bricks, almost all dark gray, and about three months of on and off building. I built the sculpture so it can break down easily into smaller parts, thus making it mobile. Because, like most people, I like to take large sculptures of people frozen in Carbonite with me whenever I travel".


I know that Boy Wonder of all people would love to have this in his room, being both the Star Wars and Lego nut that he is!