Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Andrew Koenig, Son Of Walter Koenig Found Dead.



If you hadn't heard Walter Koenig (Chekov from the original Star Trek) lost his 41 year old son last week.

Andrew Koenig, best known as the 80's sitcom star playing Boner on US show "Growing Pains" was found dead in Vancouver's Stanley Park last Thursday after being missing for well over a week. Unfortunately it seems Andrew was suffering from deep depression and took his own life.

I'd been following the news about his disappearance online when sites started posting about it and US stars started Tweeting for information or news on his whereabouts. It's a tragic circumstance and as a parent I felt awful when I heard he'd finally been found dead.

One thing I didn't know was that Andrew played the Joker in one of my favourite fan made mini movies "Batman: Dead End".

R.I.P Andrew.